Have questions about Zia UMC? Find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions below.
You can worship with us in-person or online with Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch.
We start our worship service at 9:30AM (Mountain). We would love for you to join us.
Please come as you are, jeans, shorts, suits, dresses, and if you're joining us online the sky's the limit. Grinning Face With Big Eyes
Don't forget to pick up your free jar of honey for all visitors (we have bees on the property that work hard to love you) and join us for freshly ground Iconik Coffee and snacks after every worship service.
It's been said United Methodists are the "mutt church". When a Catholic marries a Baptist, they can both find aspects of the service comforting and familiar. If you are used to worshiping in a fancy older church or never stepped foot into church before, we want you to be comfortable and know we are so glad you have visited. For more Information check out our Worship page.
Zia is a United Methodist Church. If you'd like to know about what the United Methodist Church believes you can follow the link below. But, in a nutshell, we believe the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. We believe the Bible was written by multiple people, using all kinds of literary genres, but all inspired by God. We believe the Story of God and Us started with original grace (or "original blessing"), and continues within all of us. We believe God loves us and desires for us to love God. We believe that when we love others we are loving God, and we strive to be more and more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. We are slowly realizing that we prefer great questions, rather than close-minded one-sided answers. We know that the world is tempted to only think in a duel-mindset (only 2 sides to each story/societal issue/topic/etc...), but we strive for a non-duel mindset. We seek out all the "sides" and with the help of God through the Holy Spirit, Scriptures, reasoning, experience, and tradition strive to live lives that are always learning, growing, and cultivating our discipleship in the Trinity.
Yes! You are Welcome and you belong!
1. People on all parts of the continuum of gender identity and expression, especially those who are gay, bisexual, heterosexual, transgender, queer folks, the sexually active and the celibate, and everyone for whom those labels don’t apply. We say, “you belong.”
2. People of African descent, of Asian descent, of Arab descent, of Indigenous descent, of European descent, people who identify as Hispanic and Latinx, and people of mixed and multiple descents. We say, “you belong.”
3. Bodies with all abilities and challenges. Those living with any chronic medical condition, visible or invisible. We say, “you belong.”
4. People who identify as activists and those who don’t. Mystics, believers, seekers of all kinds. People of all ages. Those who support you to be her. We say, “you belong.”
5. Your emotions: joy, fear, grief, contentment, disappointment, surprise, and all else that flows through you. We say, “you belong.”
6. Your families, genetic and otherwise. Those dear to us who have died. Our ancestors and the future ones. The ancestors who lived in this land, in this place, where these buildings are now…we honor you through this work that we are undertaking. We say, “you belong.”
7. People who feel broken, lost, struggling; who suffer from self-doubt and self-judgment. We say, “you belong.”
8. All beings that inhabit this earth, human or otherwise: the two-legged, the four-legged, winged and finned, those that walk, fly, and crawl, above the ground and below, in air and water. We say, “you belong.”
Of course! If you follow the church on Facebook you can see sermons for several years back. We recently start streaming our live service to YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch, as well. For more information and links to all the different live streams you can go to our worship page.